Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Chapter~First Paragraph (s) ~ Tuesday Intros


Every Tuesday, I'll be posting the opening paragraph (maybe a few) of my current read.  This week's pick:
 
 " The police came for me in the middle of the night. Two officers: one tall and slope-shouldered, the other big-bellied. They walked into the Walmart where I worked, and after speaking to the shift supervisor, they came to my register and the tall one said, ' You're Elaine Volk, aren't you? We asked you a few questions once before, Remember? '

Of course I remembered. Questions about where I was on a certain morning in May. home asleep, I'd told them, and No, I didn't hear any shots. "

Would you give this book a try, based on the opening paragraph (s)?  I feel like this one is going to be addictive. I loved a (2005) book from this author called: The Bright Forever.

Want to join in?  Just grab the image, and share the first paragraph (s) of your current book.

14 comments:

  1. I definitely want to read the book now! What do the police want with Elaine ? And why in the middle of the night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be tempted, depending on more information. It's certainly a very direct start.

    This is mine - an essential book?
    http://the-book-addict.blogspot.com/2011/06/tuesday-intros-eats-shoots-leaves.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that has got me wondering what happened!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last week's grabbed me more. I am about to post a Tuesday Intro.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does interest me. I want to know what they think Elaine did or should have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I don't even think that I would need the first few paragraphs on this one, as it's one that I really want to read! Hope you go through with it and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a good opening. Just enough to make you curious.

    This week I am reading The Ghost and Mrs. McClure
    http://booksnwhatnot.blogspot.com/2011/06/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd definitely want to read this! Sounds like a perfect book for me! Just found FCFPTI and think it's a great idea. I know I'll be adding lots of books to my TBR pile!!
    Here's my First Chapter/Paragraph

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a chapter that starts out with intrigue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd give this book a try based on the cover, actually. The opening paragraphs don't grab me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one does sound intriguing!

    A bit late, but here's mine: http://thetruebookaddict.blogspot.com/2011/06/first-chapterfirst-paragraphstuesday_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup...this one would grab me right away.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Most certainly...now I want to know more!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.