Tuesday, July 15, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - The From -Aways; CJ Hauser

Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where I share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book I am reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us? This week's pick seems like a good summer read to me.

 The From - Aways; CJ Hauser
William Morrow - May 2014

INTRO

1 - Leah

"I have two lobsters in my bathtub and I'm not sure I can kill them. 

I'm sitting on the rim of the tub.  It has curled, Brass feet.  Everything seems alive and haunted in this house;  that's my first problem.

My second problem is that I pet the lobsters.  I roll up a white-buttoned sleeve and run my pinched fingers along the length of Lobster Number One's antenna. It feels sensitive and unbreakable like coiled wire.  Lobster Number One knocks his crusher claw against my hand, but there's a thick, pink rubber band binding it up, so I'm in no real danger.  I stroke Lobster Number Two's antenna as well, so they're even."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think? Would you keep reading? 


Feel free to join us by linking your First Chapter post below 

30 comments:

  1. I just finished this one a few days ago...hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely continue reading this one. It sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd need to read a few more pages but I'm interested.

    http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember reading this intro a few weeks ago on someone else's First Paragraph. I thought it was funny. I know I have a weird sense of humor, but I think she's going to name these lobsters next and then she'll never eat them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, keep reading. It's quirky, fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not for me. I am nervy already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( maybe next week's pick will be a better fit - thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  7. Interesting intro!

    I saw this meme recently and thought I'd take part on my blog too. Here's my first First Paragraph - First Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember reading this intro before -- it's fun enough I'd keep going, at least for a little more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound fun, especially after a few depressing reads of late.

      Delete
  9. I have this one on my TBR list and I've seen this first paragraph a few times - it always makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This makes me laugh! Think I might like The From-Aways.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this on another blog. Ooh, I just couldn't stand the thought of the lobsters screaming as they went in the water. I can barely walk past them in the grocery. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd keep reading too. I could use a fun read. Hope it's not too quirky! Sometimes the humor is lost on me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I reviewed that one last month. The review is on my blog, here, http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/06/review-from-aways.html. Though if you are like me, you probably don't want to read any reviews until you finish the book now. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd keep reading. This one is on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been hearing good things about this one. I would keep reading, and I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would probably freak out if I had lobsters in my bathtub...and if I had a bathtub all of a sudden! But this sounds like a nice beginning, I hope the rest of the book is as fun! Thanks for hosting :)
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  17. The first sentence grabbed me, I'd have to read on and find out what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think that's a very entertaining beginning. I'd keep reading. Enjoy your book and have a nice day. Kelley at the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  19. She seems like an odd sort. Why on earth would she pet the lobsters? LOL I'd read on. For sure!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds good. And petting the lobsters is probably something I would do. Haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.